7/20/2007

A Heaven in a Wild Flower


To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Don't really know why I am suddenly reminded of this poem after days of twigging my blog. Though the purpose was just to vent initially, it gradually became a creative project for me and now I want to learn Html so I can "beautify and customize" my blog.

I am staying away from the Rumor Queen site, not because I am still angry, but the experience left a bad taste that would not go away. I pop in once in a while to see if there are any big news, but I am no longer interested in their discussions. After all, what is it to me that China adoptive parents don't play peek-a-boo with their babies because the Rumor Queen told them that Bu4 不 means no in Chinese, and you would scare your baby playing that game? What Chinese person in his or her right mind goes around uttering Bu4 不 and only Bu4 不 without another verb, adjective, or sentence after it? Maybe in response to," are you leaving me because your are really dying of leukemia..."? No, No, No.....Dies! (and that would be in a Korean Drama dubbed in Mandarin)

I am leery to participate in any Internet forum now. One can easily become too emotionally absorbed over trivia in the on-line world. It is amazing how oppressive a group of faceless strangers can be ...sort of like being psychologically dominated. Pretty dangerous really. Maybe I was reminded of that poem to regain focus. Yes, looking around my backyard, heaven even in a weed.

No comments: