8/22/2007

Wiggles and Giggles



We went to the Wiggles concert last weekend. When we got there, we found ourselves in the balcony, far far away from the stage, even though I asked for the best available seats on Ticket Master. To make matters worse, our camera was broken.

Fortunately, our professional childcare provider (Jamie) accompanied us to the event. She is just as much a Wiggles fan as Baby. She and Baby have waited for two years to see the Wiggles live. When she saw other little kids dancing around the stage she scooped Baby up and declared,"let see if they will say no to a two year old", and left. Esther, quick to pick up on the situation, scurried behind with Maddie (Jamie's daughter). I decided to follow them after a couple of minutes with Bo.

I asked the guard at the VIP section if I could bring Bo in, he looked at me like I was crazy, and said,"NO". A little embarrased, I hasten back to our seats. I noticed though that Jamie did not come back, and assumed that she found better seats somewhere in the economy section. Then, the unbelievable happened.

Scott and I looked down with amazement at Baby and Yeh wiggling right next to the stage, and Jamie standing a little bit behind, beaming with pride.

She was the one who took the pictures, with her hot pink cellphone.

We always knew that we were very lucky to have Jamie, but I never realized the scope of her virtuosity. The woman has skills that I will never have!

No comments: