6/12/2007

certificate of citizenship

After reading all I can about the expedited process, I decided that the single most important document seems to be my certificate of citizenship (from the US) which ironically is THE document that proves I am indeed Chinese!? Therefore I made a trip to the Chicago USCIS today. Their service was not bad, just not friendly. I did get out in time to take Esther to Chinatown for lunch. Nevertheless, I thought as I was leaving that unless the service at the USCIS improves, anyone not born in the US will always feel like a second class citizen. The funny thing was, I was not there to prove my citizenship and all its entitlements. I was there to obtain a certified copy of my certificate of citizenship to prove that I am of Chinese heritage to the CCAA. Whatever works...

No comments: